I have to admit it’s very hard to be the owner of a weight management clinic and be as heavy as I am. Six years ago I began my first experience with Ideal Protein. From January to May I lost 72 pounds and was in the best shape of my life. Unfortunately the concept of maintenance was not a priority in my mind at that point. So for the past 6 years I have been fighting myself as my weight slowly increased. The blame for this rests completely on my shoulders. I did not take the recommended steps to ensure that my weight stayed down. So today I climbed on the scale and discovered that for the first time in 6 years I was back to 300 pounds. I am embarrassed, ashamed and cringe at the thought of walking into my clinic and meeting our wonderful clients.
So today I begin again to get back to the weight I want to be. I know this will be a long process that involves sacrifice, determination and willpower. So here is how I am going to succeed:
- I am starting this diet as if I was doing it for the first time. That means that no skipping supplements, no pushing the limits with things I know “shouldn’t” effect the diet and no giving up until I reach my goal.
- I’m setting a real goal. One that I know I can reach and that will make me happy with myself.
- I am clearing my house of all those things that will cause me to stumble. So out go the hidden potato chips, the left over candies and the diet pop.
- Yes I said diet pop. I don’t need this crap, it’s bad for my health and my gorgeous wife bought me a soda stream so I am going to try and stick to water with a little flavoring.
- I am going to journal. Ideal Protein has supplied me with a great app that I can use everyday to track my food – I am going to do it.
- I am going to use my activity band and track my steps. I need to force myself to walk, to move and to be active.
My first goal is to lose 25 pounds this month. As I go through this journey I will share with you my successes and my failures. I have no desire to pretend that this is going to be easy or that I am going to be fault free.
If you want to join me on this journey, you are more than welcome. You can observe, you can participate or you can simply be a cheerleader. That’s up to you. Just don’t be negative – that doesn’t help anyone.
I will post again in a week to update you . Wish me luck.